Gündem Haberleri

GÜNDEM

    Six injured in Istanbul bomb blast

    Hürriyet Haber
    14.02.2006 - 10:01 | Son Güncelleme:

    Six people were left injured when a bomb exploded outside an Istanbul supermarket on Monday. The bomb was the second explosion in Turkey's largest city within four days. Istanbul Governor Muammer Guler said that one of the six hurt was in a serious condition, no mention of deaths were noted. "Our teams are carrying out an investigation. There is explosive material. We will soon determine what kind of material it is," the state Anatolian news agency quoted Guler as saying. A Kurdish group has claimed responsibility for the bombing, the same group that claimed responsibility for last week's explosion.

    When questioned over whether he thought the blast was a terrorist attack, Guler said that everything was possible.

    The explosion which occurred at 7.30pm local time left glass littered across the surrounding area after windows were blown out by the attack. The supermarket Kiler, was located in Bahcelievler district near the airport on the European side of Istanbul. The supermarket was thought to be an easy target due to a lack of security cameras.

    The Kurdish Firat news agency said it had received an email from TAK on Monday evening claiming responsibility for the supermarket blast and pledging more similar attacks. "We will continue our operations as long as the fascist Turkish state does not give up its policies against the Kurdish people," Firat quoted TAK as saying in the email.

    CNN Turk television showed injured shoppers being helped into ambulances after Monday's 7.30 p.m. (1730 GMT) blast. The ground was littered with glass from blown-out windows.

    Etiketler:
    

    EN ÇOK OKUNANLAR

      Sayfa Başı