GeriGündem Turk army implements recruitment process for professional soldiers
MENÜ
  • Yazdır
  • A
    Yazı Tipi
  • Yorumlar
    0
    • Yazdır
    • A
      Yazı Tipi

Turk army implements recruitment process for professional soldiers

Reserve officers will no longer be recruited as commandos to the Turkish army, according to a resolution adopted at the beginning of May, ANKA reported on Sunday. The new resolution will also end the recruitment of noncommissioned officers and soldiers from the beginning of 2009.

The new resolution will allow only officers, petty officers, military specialists and volunteer professionals to be recruited as commandos to the Turkish army.

According to newly adoption resolution, 40 percent of commandos will consist of officers, petty officers and military specialists; with the remaining 60 percent to consist of volunteer professionals. This new commando recruitment procedure will be fully implemented by the beginning of 2010.

By the end of 2009, noncommissioned officers and soldiers will also no longer be recruited as commandos to the Turkish army.

This move is seen as the Turkish Army’s transition to a professional army as hinted by the commander of Turkish Land Forces, Gen. Ilker Basbug during a visit to a Turkish commando training facility in the southern province Egridir last year.

"In order for the Turkish army to successfully fulfill its objective to annihilate the outlawed terrorist organization PKK's militants, reserve officers are not going to be recruited as commandos starting from May 2008," Basbug said during his visit.

Basbug also had said that the Turkish army had no concerns about the commitment and gallantry of Turkish soldiers, however, in order to continue the successful struggle against terrorism, a professional army was needed.

 

Yorumları Göster
Yorumları Gizle